Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore washer works fine except agitator does not move when

Kenmore washer works fine except agitator does not move when in spin mode

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Can you recheck that model number? Is this a front load or a top load of figuring it's top load from what you're saying if so open the lid and look straight back in the middle this should be a tag with the full model number on it will start with a 110, 106, 665 or some other three digit combination, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan sorry it took so long, But I just checked that machine out and I cant find a Mo# XXXXX ser #. anywhere. This is the first time I never been able to find these numbers. I looked inside where they are usaly posted , I checked the intire inside of drum, And even checked the bottom of the machine and can not find them. I did find another no. stamped on the back plate it is(NNN) NNN-NNNNI dont know if that helps but the only no. I can find.
Okay that number is XXXXX number for the back panel they cross reference this to the machines it will fit but they a whirlpool machines of course Kenmore is made by whirlpool or another brand so most likely since this back panel is a whirlpool one yours is the whirlpool built machine so we'll take it from there, when you say the agitator does not move when in the spin cycle does the outer tub spin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No.
Okay most likely if nothing is moving on the inside you have a bad coupler between the motor and the transmission, not a very expensive or hard job to do either, this is the coupling, I'm including a link to the part which is only $13 on line, here is the link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Coupling/285753A/1195967?modelNumber=3LSP8255DW0 there is also a video at that link to show you how to change it, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan Maytag dyer elec. runs but does not get hot and makes a loud sqeaking noise when running
Okay if you have a model number for that I can check to see what might be the problem with the heating and most likely problem with the squealing squeaking would be one of the rear support wheels has worn and that's when they start to make squeaking noise, open the door and that and see if there's a model number there and I will check that out for you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brian mo# XXXXX XXXXX

Okay the DE512 is an older machine sure, these are the wheels for it or what's called the drum supports, the really cool thing about these is the side I'm giving you has a video that shows you how to change them so that's great plus a get you into the machine where you need to check a few things to find out what's going on with the heat, here is the link to that http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Roller/12001541/400518?modelNumber=DE512 well you have it apart here is a nub the link to show you how to check the heating element,

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/Y303404/1245862?modelNumber=DE512 between these two videos you should be able to find your problem I believe your heating element is probably bad let me know when you find out, or if those out the problems all I know the wheel is probably the problem but you might want to check the Pulley also the belt pulley just to make sure that's not squeaking, since this is a whole new question it's up to you whether you want to give me a bonus are not for not helping, that's entirely up to you, but let me know how that works out for you, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Brian I had asked you about sqeaking on a maytag dryer a few days ago. Mo# DE512, You replied to check guide wheels on drum. Please tell me how to get to them.

Okay I did give you a link that actually has a video to show you how to take the machine apart to get to these and replace them I've given you that link above I will go to you again, here is the link all you have to do is click on this blue link.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drum-Roller/12001541/400518?modelNumber=DE512#repairHelpVideoTabs

the video actually shows you exactly how to take the machine apart step-by-step all the way to the wheels and how to replace them. With all the information I gave you may have missed it but that video will show you everything. I hope that helps, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Brian please foward info on how to replace belt on dryer

Do you are ready have the dryer apart did you get to the wheels already? I'm not sure there's a video for that but I will see, actually I just found a video just click on this blue link for the video on replacing the belt, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Belt-Drive/Y312959/1246110?modelNumber=DE512 thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
brian I already accepted your answer and stated appreciated your info that dryer was working fine
I know you didn't think you very much, you have you self a great holiday season, thanks, Bryan, PS sometimes the computer will send a reminder accidentally so just disregard and no need to reply to me again unless you need more help, thanks