Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Electrolux Dishwasher is flashing 03 error code. How can I fix this?

Customer Question
I have an electrolux Dishwasher...
I have an electrolux Dishwasher the error code 03 is flashing any one know what that means. it fills with water the shuts down.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/5/2011
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E03 is a shorted wash pump. Unfortunately there really isn't anything you can do but to order and replace the wash pump on the dishwasher in order to fix the issue. The part is about $150 or so and comes straight from Electrolux.
also signs of water below
yeah, the water could be shorting out the pump. The only thing you can do is pull the dishwasher out and set it on it's back, then remove the bottom panel. See if you can locate the leak. If not, then just replace the circulation pump motor because likely the pump is leaking which is why it shorted out.
Do you have motor values so i can ohm out motor to be sure. Ive read other sites where they have replaced pump and didnt fix. This is a customers machine, if its more than just pump, it could be scrap. (my scrap) thanks
Unfortunately not. Electrolux is different than most manufacturers. They make you call them while in home and they walk you through points to check as an authorized servicer. Don't don't hand out books with the values and tests like they do with their Frigidaire line.
ok, I found the values for the pump 22.9 between the blue & wht wires, 219.9 at the tach grn to grn. this motor ohms Good.
if you think it's good then you need a new control board, but that doesn't sound good to me. The tachometer should be open or closed, it shouldn't have a resistance, and it changes as the motor moves. Either way, only the motor being bad or the control board thinking the motor is bad can cause this issue so you either need a new motor or a new control board.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc