How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this is a kerc506hbt2 range which has blown the thermal fuse

Resolved Question:

this is a kerc506hbt2 range which has blown the thermal fuse located in the pink wire going from the terminal block to the control, can you help me get a replacement fuse?, am capable of removing and replacing...Thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.


Is there a number of the thermal fuse you can give me? A part number I'm having trouble finding this on the diagrams ?



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I couldn't find a #, it is a ceramic fuse which is integral to the harness. I had the same problem with finding info. The fuse is 1/4 in diameter and 1 1/4 long
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this it ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the original fuse has wires from the ends to solder into the harness
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay I was able to pull up the wiring diagrams for this is an in-line fuse from what I can see you're right it's not replaceable like that it is a 20 amp fuse but these are made special and you can't buy them I believe the part of the wiring harness which I can't find the only thing you can try would be to go to Radio shack and get a fuse holder that you are able to put on the stove and connect the wires to that and put a 20 amp fuse in between that's the only way to do it without getting the whole wiring harness assembly which do not even showing available, so basically you gonna be putting in a few set up that will be able to be changed the blows again, the fuse holder you would be looking for would be like this one actually you can order on line if you'd like to, this holds the 20 amp fuse I showed you earlier, you will also need a couple of 1/4 inch female connectors to put on the wires were you cut the fuse out if you are able to cut the fuse out, I can't really see that part I can only see a wiring diagram so I'm not sure if it's just part of one wire or if it's something that's connected to something else like a board or something, but that's the way to go with it if you need to do that since you can't get the whole wiring harness, it will do the same job though, his a link to the fuse holder, you can get the 20 have fuses at Lowe's I hope this information is useful, thanks, Bryan,
Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you