Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello I have an Amana double gas wall oven....that just stopped

working..the display is "saying" Error...
Hello I have an Amana double gas wall oven....that just stopped working..the display is "saying" Error F1.....can you please vhelp point me in the right direction

The model #is AOGD2750E
12/4/2011
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Yes I can help you, unfortunately the F1 is not a good code to get it means your electronic control is bad,

F1Watchdog circuit Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)

it's a watchdog circuit error which means it's in the computer on the control itself, you can try shutting the breaker off for 10 min. and then turning it back on to see if it resets but if it doesn't you need to replace your control, I hate giving bad news but unfortunately this is the case in yours, the part number is, 31799201 you will need to order and replace this control if the reset doesn't work, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
The same message is on thev top oven as well as the bottom..do they both work of the same module...the oven is at least 6 years old...what aproxamatly is the part cost is it readly available ?....my wife is panicing..as Xmas backing is upon her

Stu
Yes they work on the same control that's the part you set the ovens with, the part runs about $256.00 and is available at the following link, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-erc--double-oven-item-number-ap4040652.aspx?pn_=31799201 I gave you the part number above in case you want to do an Internet search and see if you can locate this for less money, sure hope this helps, well wishes for a happy holiday season and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan. I was mistaken. It says F9. Not f1
well thats better news, its a door lock/latch error,
F9Motorized doorCheck latch
heres a link to the lock assembly, http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-lock--motor-assy--item-number-ap4104082.aspx?pn_=77001245 have a great holiday ! thanks Bryan
Good morning Bryan....are your an "ALL NIGHTER" TOO

I know is even earlier were you are....well let me be the first one to say "...I love you.." :-)
Thanks so much for your help
Stu

All nighter,LOL, no not really, but I am up at five every day even weekends but yesterday I had to run out and help my mother she's 86 years old and had fallen and we want to keep an eye on her so in the morning I was doing that, then we had the toys for tots bike run I had to go on, we do it every year we all get our bikes and ride in the Christmas parade for the children, sorry I wasn't here I expected to be here in the morning and then later in the afternoon but we get tied up all day, you have a great holiday season, and thank you for your kind words, if you do have a chance and can leave me some positive feedback that would be appreciated, and if you have any further issues you have 30 days to come back on this particular question and I will be glad to help you further at no additional charge, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician