How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JIM Your Own Question
JIM, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 254
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
JIM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Whirlpool range ModelGY398LXPQ03 with a glass cooktop.

Resolved Question:

I have a Whirlpool range ModelGY398LXPQ03 with a glass cooktop. Hot suXXXXX XXXXXquid overflowed and actually etched the surface to several deep pitted areas. I would like to replace only the glass and not the whole cooktop. I have found the part at appliance zone for $157. Can you advise as to procedure for replacing the glass only? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX repair on Refrig worked great thanks!!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JIM replied 5 years ago.
you will need a razor knife to cut the seal around it and also hi temp sealer to reseal around try appliance zone for that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am looking for much more detail than that. I want a step by step disassembly and reassembly procedure. thanks
Expert:  JIM replied 5 years ago.
From what you said! You found the glass only on line that is all the direction you will need. But if you found the cook top you will need to remove the screws from the front of the range and raise the top and check to see if burners are connected to top if so take the screws out and remove top than just reverse the procedure.
JIM and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you