Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I remove the door off my Kitchenaid dishwasher model

Customer Question
KUDI01ILWH1? I removed the...
How do I remove the door off my Kitchenaid dishwasher model KUDI01ILWH1? I removed the 6 torx screws but it still will not come off.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/24/2011
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

THe door is NOT easy to remove, may I ask why you are removing it first and then I can see if there is an alternative?

I want to replace the white door panel with a stainless steel one I purchasedfrom PartSelect so it will match my other appliances. All the feedback on their website for this part says just remove the torx screws and it comes right off. I did that but something inside I can not see is holding it on.
Yes, you are exactly right on how to remove that front panel. You just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner. The control panel will pull up and off, and then you can grab the front panel and it also should pull up and off. Removing the entire door isn't necessary and it requires removing the front door panel first anyways.

as I said, I already removed all the torx screws and the front panel still won't come off. I looked inside with a high intensity flashlight and can not see what is still holding it on.
It's just got to be stuck, there is nothing holding it after you remove the control panel and all the screws. It pulls up and off.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc