Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

What does "E" Variable (E1, E2, E3) On a Kenmore dryer Model

What does "E" Variable (E1, E2, E3) On a Kenmore dryer Model XXXXXXXXXXX mean
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
This is usually an error code of some sort. Do you have the model number of the dryer so I can look the code up for you?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model # XXXXX
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry. You will have to put spaces between the numbers. For some reason the system can not recognize sears model numbers and all I see are x's
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
110 72082 101
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
This is a thermistor error code. The thermistor is what measures temperature. The numbers indicate the the thermistor is either open or shorted. In either case the thermistor needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is the thermistor located
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
If you remove the front bottom panel, it is locate next to the blower fan on the air exhaust. It is item 42 on the following link.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-11072082101/0582/0151200/P0203325/00003?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=11072082101