How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jason Your Own Question
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 410
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Jason is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I have a Frigidaire stacked washer/dryer combination,

Resolved Question:

I have a Frigidaire stacked washer/dryer combination, model FLSEC726CS7 & need to replace the heating element(s) in the dryer. Is this something I can do myself, or is a job better left to a technician? It looks as though I would need to take the entire dryer apart to get at the element....
Any advice you could give me would be appreciated
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
You would have to remove the front panel, take off the belt, remove the drum. Then you can aCcess the heating element which sits on the back wall behind the drum. It can be difficult to get the drum out because the back of the drum has a shaft that sits in a bearing. So when you remove the drum you have to lift up and pull it out.
Jason and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you