Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

Have a maytag MD8tt53aww1 dishwasher that wont turn on when

Have a maytag MD8tt53aww1 dishwasher that won't turn on when we hit start anymore
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a meter to check for voltage?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I don't have a meter to check voltage, when I select the items on the panel like cycle type they light up. Not that it matters but it is responding to some of my request just wont stop.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
OK, so you do have power, but the start button does not work. IF this is the only button that does not work and other ones do, the problem is the control panel. This is a very common problem with this type of dishwasher. Can you double check the model number, I am trying to look up the part for you but I can not locate any information.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I apologize, it's MDBTT53AWW1
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
What color is the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
white
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

OK. Here is the site to order the part from.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Panel/W10254849/1549654?modelNumber=MDBTT53AWW1

Very easy to do. Just remove power from the unit, remove the screws from the panel and then remove the board attached to the panel. Very straight forward.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am new to all this...When you say remove power do you mean unplug. Also how hard is it to find the power supply? How do I remove the panel? Are you referring to the front of the dishwasher. I have never done any real handyman work before.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.

You will have to find the circuit breaker for the dishwasher. Turn that off and you will shut off the power supply to the dishwasher.

The panel is removed by removing the six screws around it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry to ask but I don't see any screws on the front or side of the dishwashwer.
Expert:  Jason replied 5 years ago.
On the back side of the panel, where the white door liner there are screws.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay thanks.