Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I own a Kenmore dryer model XXXXXXXXXXX the dryer would not

turn off when the drying...
I own a Kenmore dryer model XXXXXXXXXXX the dryer would not turn off when the drying time was up. I bought a new timer and installed it. Now the dryer keeps running all the time the only way it stops is when you open the door. Thanks for any help !
11/10/2011
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician

Does it keep running in both the timed and automatic cycles?

Also, can you please resend the model number. You have to put spaces between each number. The system can not read these model numbers unless you do that.

Yes it keeps running in timed and automatic cycles !
Model Kenmore 1 1 0 9 6 5 8 9 2 1 0

Are you sure you wired everything correctly on the timer? Can you check to see if a wire is grounded?

I was very careful when I rewired it but I could have done something wrong. It will take me about 10 to 15 minutes to check it out . how do i get back in touch with you.
Just keep this page bookmarked and come back to it.
I checked the timer wiring and everything looks fine.. The only question is on the timer you have a terminial which is lettered for a white wire with black trace and a terminial below that nothing written around it and a black wire attached. Is that correct
That would be correct. Do you have a meter to check for voltage?
Yes but I am not a pro with resesitance and ohms and some of your testing
OK,, well check for continuity on the back side of the push to start switch and tell me what you get.
the switch shows that the circuit is closed in other words with dryer unpluged from the electricity and the wires removed from the switch it shows continuty.
That is your problem. That switch should be open.
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Jason
Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician