Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My whirlpool cabrio dryer start button flashes & the dryer

Customer Question
doesn't start....
My whirlpool cabrio dryer start button flashes & the dryer doesn't start.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/6/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is Bryan,I look forward to helping you today.

Can you get us the full model number? It should be inside the door on a tag.

I think it's WG064003WD or 1206006

Neither one of those seems to come up, the WG number is probably the one but can you recheck it to make sure it's right, I databases are not coming up but that number.
I wrote it down wrong. it's WGD6400SWD
Do you have a voltmeter? Would you be a lot check continuity on a few parts? Thermostats is what you need to check , there are a few of them and you need to get inside the machine to do it you think you can do that ? Here's one, this is probably the one that blown if it doesn't have continuity it's bad, if you don't have a voltmeter you can do a quick test by unplugging the machine and bypassing this with a piece a wire, if it starts this is bad and needs to be replaced, if it doesn't let me know and will go further,
I don't have a voltmeter & wouldn't know how to read it if i did..i think i might have to made a service call.
Yeah, in order to check this you would need a voltmeter, there is a tech sheet up in the control panel number one on this diagram, if you can get to that there are diagnostic procedures you can do on the control pad itself, that might tell you what it is if you run the diagnostics, that's if it will going to diagnostics not sure it will if the thermal fuse is blown, but you can try, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan

thanks very much for your time

your very welcome, I wish there was a button you could just push to fix this, sorry, have a great day, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician