How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I have a maytag washer and everything is working fine

Resolved Question:

Hello I have a maytag washer and everything is working fine except that no cold water it coming out. Just hot. Please help.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.


Do you hear a buzz when the cold water is trying to come in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No i dont think so instead of the cold water the hot water comes in. Like its on the cold knob and hot water comes in just like that.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Can you get me the full model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Were could i find that?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Is this a front load or a top load machine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
top load
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay lift the lid and see if there's a model number towards the back on a tag, if not there look along the top of the control panel, somewhere there is a tag with the model number on it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay i think its MTW5620TQ1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay that's it, you need to replace the water inlet valve, it is electronic and on the end of the valve there is a sensor which is supposed to mix the water according to what you have it set on, the orange part in this picture, it is the part that your hoses from the house are connected to, you can order it at the following link, thanks and enjoy the rest of you weekend, Bryan
Bryan and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks