John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Hello - Our GE Microwave oven will not power on after a 4 day

Customer Question

Hello - Our GE Microwave oven will not power on after a 4 day power outage. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in, I have checked the fuses for the plug and I have plugged it into a different plug that I know works. The unit shows no signs of life......thoughts?

Model Number JVM1740DM1WW

XXXXX XXXXX - Carlisle, MA
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The oven's power circuit has an interior in-line fuse, which is intended to protect the control circuitry in the event of power outages. If you remove the U shaped oven cover that goes over the top and the sides of the oven, then follow the black wire that's attached to the power cord terminal inside the oven, you'll find the fuse holder. It's usually located in the controls area, behind the control board. Remove the fuse, and replace it with one that you can buy at a hardware store. If this does'nt restore the oven's operation, please post back to me.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience: 25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.
You do not have to remove the units cover to access the fuse. There are a few screws that hold the grill on. Remove the grill and you can then access the fuse. If you do not see the fuse behind the grill then remove the screw that holds the control panel on. The fuse is behind the panel.