Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

GE dishwasher wont run

GE dishwasher won't run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

does the control light up and all ?are you able to select wash cycles?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just flashes pf for power failure both when it is latched and unlatched. Now what?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
If that's the case your control board has failed, you said you checked the door switches correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The door latch which doens't have any wires connected to it. we did find a loose wire and fixed that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Cannot reset or select any cycles. Just "PF"
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
This is your door switch did you see this when you had the door open?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, it didn't look like the picture. It was the latch with the open/close handle.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

did you open the inner door panel? its there

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes we had the inner door panel off, that's where we found the loose wire. We thought that was the problem and painstakingly replaced the door panel but it didn't fix it. To make matters worse, my old computer is running slow and I really don't feel like removing the dishwasher inner door panel again tonight. You do realize this model is 15 years old don't you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes I do know how old is or estimated how old was, these dishwashers can be a real pain in the neck to be honest, they are hard to track down a problem in, there is a turbidity sensor and all kinds of electrical parts in this particular machine and being that it's 15 years old you may want to consider just replacing it at this point, I would hate to see you spend a lot of money on it, the pumps in these machines also start to leak after so many years so you might be dealing with that problem in the near future , I wish I could be of more assistance but it sounds like you can't really deal with this because of your computer and time issues, it's best to just go and replace the machine at this point, I hate given an answer but I hate seeing you have more problems later with this machine, thanks and best wishes, Bryan