How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bryan Your Own Question
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 12156
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Bryan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Whirlpool Stylemaster model # XXXXX washing machine.

Resolved Question:

I have a Whirlpool Stylemaster model # XXXXX washing machine. The dogs need to be replaced. I saw some instructions that said to remove the agitator, turn it over and squeeze the clips to remove the cam. I have gotten as far as removing the agitator, but cannot figure out how to get the cam so I can replace the dogs. Can you give me some help in that regard?? Is there a special tool or something?? Thanks very much!! John
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.


no special tool, put the agitator on the floor and hold it down with you feet and pull up on the top half it will come off. they snap in, heres the video,

Bryan and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you