Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Type your question here Dryer is plenty hot,drum turns, but clothes dont dry. Vent

Customer Question

Type your question here
Dryer is plenty hot,drum turns, but clothes don't dry. Vent and lint filter are clean. Buzzer goes off but clothes are still not dry.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept. Does the dryer run for a long time and not dry or just shut off before the clothes get dry?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It runs, then buzzes as it should if the clothes are dry. It may buzz once or twice until I get to it. The clothes are hot but not dry.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Number 1 in the picture is the filter housing. It may be obstructed and not allowing good air flow since you say the vent line is in good shape. Make sure the vent hose is not pinched or coiled behind the dryer and the vent cap outside opens freely. You have an air flow issue of some sort.