Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Neptune Front Loading Washer Model MAH4000AWW will only

Customer Question
run for about 30 sec...
My Neptune Front Loading Washer Model MAH4000AWW will only run for about 30 sec - 1 min before it cuts off. It fills with water then stops.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
11/1/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

if you advance this to drain does it ?

Yes, it will drain if we advance it to the end of the spin cycle. It seems to fill with water but then it stops and doesn't start washing. The Lock light doesn't come on either.
okay but it doesn't spin , correct ?
I'm not 100% certain - it's been about a month since it broke - but I think we had to advance it to the end of the cycle to get the water to drain. Would it drain out without spinning? I'm not at home right now so I can't try it.
yeah it can drain without spinning and since the door isn't locking its the control board, when you get home let me know I'll tell you how to check this.
I looked at the control board but couldn't find the things to check that I have printed out previously. How expensive is a new control board? I would like your opinion on whether or not the machine is worth fixing or should I just buy another one.
the control board is $268.00 plus you would need to replace the wax motor in the door, thats what causes this failure.thats $14.00,
If I click accept, will I still be able to get back to you once I get home and find out for sure if it spins or not. Also is the control board something we can replace ourselves easily?
yes you can replace this easy, and all you have to do is reply when you get home and I will receive it .
How to I get back to you from home? Do I use the order number since I'm at work on my computer. I just want to be sure I'll get back to you because I know my husband might want more details. I am going to accept your answer because you've been most helpful.
all you have to do is come back on and reply and its automatically sent to me, I will be one until around 8pm eastern time. I do however take breaks for lunch and dinner.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician