Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

my washing machine is not taking in water. What could the

my washing machine is not taking in water. What could the problem be?

Repairman1981 :

Always start with the shutoffs ... can't tell you how many times I go in and they are off

Repairman1981 :

If they are on for sure, make sure you don't have "floodsafe" hoses (those will false alarm a lot)

Repairman1981 :

If not then you likely just have a bad valve, if you would like to provide me with more specifics as to the brand and symptoms I'm happy to help further, if this is all you needed then please remember to leave feedback after clicking accept and have a great rest of your evening. Thanks!

Customer:

Kenmore Series 80 Model # XXXXX not taking in water. The washer starts to spin immediately after the start cycle is set and goes through the cycle even though there is no water in the tank. Voltage check shows power leading up to the intake valve, but the flow seems to die upon contact with the solenoid on the intake valves. Changed intake valves. No benefit. What next?

Repairman1981 :

If it's spinning right away, you have a bad pressure switch

Repairman1981 :

That is what turns the valve off and turns on the motor for agitation

Repairman1981 :

You can see how I arrived here so quickly

Customer:

Problem resolved. Thanks for your great insight.