How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, restaurant equipment technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Resolved Question:

I have a VULCAN-GC04S-SINGLE-STACK-Commercial CONVECTION oven, 40,000 BTU's. This is for my cake decorating school, do I need to get a hood system for this? It is a gas oven. There is existing ventilation in the kitchen.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Yes, you do need a vent hood to exhaust the carbon monoxide produced by the burner flame. You should also check with your local building department or fire department to see if a fire retardant system(Ansul) is required.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

John and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you