Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirlpool Carbrio washer spins, but clothes are still soaking

Whirlpool Carbrio washer spins, but clothes are still soaking wet at end of cycle. Just my luck- 1 year and 9 days old. M #WTW5640XWO. I've checked the pump and hose for obstructions but found none. Haven't pulled the tub apart yet, no error code on the display. I can open the lid enough to see that the tub is spinning, but on high spin it seems to be running very slow.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

theres a whole list of things to check on this machine. you can do an automatic test mode on this.

To access Automatic Test Mode, perform steps 1 and 2 of Activating the Service Diagnostic Modes. Turn the cycle selector knob until the status LEDs or display correspond as follows:

 "Spin" LED On, "02" Displayed on 7-segment

02

Sensing Soak Wash Rinse Spin Done

Press the START button to begin the automatic test. See page 8 for order of automatic test.

 Upon entering the automatic test mode, the washer will perform an automatic test with water cycles to check major washer functions.

 Pressing the START button will manually advance to the next step.

 Press the POWER button at any time to exit automatic test mode.

IMPORTANT: Lid must be closed with lid lock enabled to perform test.

try this and let me know if it goes into test mode.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Be happy to, but have no instructions on how to "activate the service diagnostic modes."

sorry,

ACTIVATING THE SERVICE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODES

1. Be sure the washer is in standby mode (plugged in with all indicators off).

2. Perform the following sequence of movement using the cycle selector knob.

NOTE: AFTER RESET, sequence "a" through "e" must be completed within 6 seconds.

RESET - Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one or more clicks to clear sequence.

a. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.

b. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.

c. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click and wait ½ second.

d. Rotate cycle selector knob counterclockwise one click and wait ½ second.

e. Rotate cycle selector knob clockwise one click.

 Successful activation of Diagnostic Test Modes will be indicated by all status LEDs (except for Lid Locked) flashing ON and OFF in half-second intervals.NOTE: LED names may vary between makes and models.

Legend: = ON = OFF

Figure 2 - Status LEDs flashing ON and OFF

 If the status LEDs do not display as described above, the sequence may not have been completed within 6 seconds. Repeat step 2 to ensure this was not the cause. If still unsuccessful, see Unsuccessful Entry,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Unsuccessful. Tried about a dozen times, will not enter test mode
okay this may take a while,

Unsuccessful Entry

If entry into diagnostic test mode is unsuccessful, refer to the following indication and action:

Indication: None of the LEDs or display turn on.

Action: Press POWER button to enter setting mode.

 If indicators come on, repeat steps 1 through 4 of Activating the Service Diagnostic Modes. NOTE: Rotating the dial too fast or too slow will affect entry.

 If no indicators come on after pressing the POWER button, go to TEST #1, page 12.

there is a lot to go through, try that and tell me what it does.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've got it in test mode with all LED's on except lid lock. The display on this Cabrio is different from most of the ones having problems. I figured out that to enter test mode, you have to hold the START / PAUSE button in for 3 seconds. If you turn the selector dial, the LED's go out and come back on each time you pass over a cycle. Cannot seem to find the correct buttons/ sequence to get it to test.
unfortunately whirlpool doesn't allow us to send the entire service tech sheet, there is a lot to it, I'm going to see if I can copy and paste it, thats all I can do, give me a few minutes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks

okay there are 20 pages, I will have to copy and past on at a time, before doing this however open the control panel at the top, (remove the back cover on the control) and see if theres a tech sheet there. there usually is

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No tech sheet...........sorry

okay, its shows a tech sheet but it maybe behind the back panel. there is one, # XXXXX on this diagram, it would take me all day to copy each page.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
got the diagram. Have the whole washer apart- no literature book
did you try the link I sent you ? thats the tech sheets, let me know if you can open them