Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore gas clothes dryer (Model #110.79722800).

I have a Kenmore gas clothes dryer (Model #110.79722800). It takes 3-6 hours to get a load of clothes dried.

I've watched many cycles of the gas flame igniting in "the tube". A gas flame will shoot for about 13 seconds, then go out. The next flame won't shoot until 90-93 seconds later. This pattern repeats like clockwork. I have the settings on "Cotton/Towels --- High" and the moisture sensor on "More Dry".

Why is it taking so long to get the clothes dry?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

take the vent off the dryer and try a load. watch the flame does it stay on longer ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Good grief, yes! Stays on and on and on.
you have a clogged vent line going outside, you need to clear it , theres nothing wrong with the dryer its the vent. hope this helps, thanks Bryan