John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have Sharp Carousel 11 Microwave oven Model R4H84. It is

I have Sharp Carousel 11 Microwave oven Model R4H84. It is 18 years old and Been a good one, but today I wanted to heat water for coffee and it just stopped. One time we took it to have it fixed and there was not a thing wrong with except a reset button, but I don't remember where it is on the oven, if that would be what is wrong with it. Can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

Did it just stop heating, or is it completely lifeless?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

It is completely lifeless, no light. It just stopped heating and died.

Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
OK. Thank you. There's an in-line fuse inside the oven that's there to protect the control board in the event there's a power interruption. It's installed in the wire that's connected between the power cord terminal block and the fuse holder. To access the fuse, remove the oven cover, and look for the fuse holder in the control board area. You can buy replacement fuses at any good hardware store.
If replacing the fuse does'nt solve the problem, please post back to me.