Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

kenmore elite washing machne model 110.26922500. the spin

kenmore elite washing machne model 110.26922500. the spin cycle does not work. the water drains out but the machine never spins.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.

Does the machine agitate ok, and if you reach in to turn the tub both directions can you turn that with your hand?

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the machine agitates ok. I cant turn the tub in either direction
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Good,, I am sorry for the delay, I need just a few more minutes to see if there is more information available to help you rather than a typed out answer. Just a few more minutes.

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.
Your clutch is slipping and needs replaced. The factory part number is 285792. You can shop anywhere with that number, locally or online and get the correct kit. I have posted a video below which shows how to replace it. Its not really a difficult job if you have room to work and the tools. The video should really help.

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO.

Barry
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi:

Just to verify before I accept the answer, Is this guaranteed to work?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 6 years ago.

The answer I gave is based on experience in the field and the description I was given. I believe it will work. I do the very best I can to be correct. It matters to me to do the right thing and I always make an effort to do my best. I cannot think of another possibility.

Barry