Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

Hello, I have a GE PROFILE SPACEMAKER XL1800. It has been

I have a GE PROFILE SPACEMAKER XL1800. It has been working great and all of a sudden everything still works except when we go to use it, it makes a louder humming noise and doesn't heat anything. Is this common and can we fix it?
I thank you for your response.

Jeff
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept.
This is a problem with the high voltage circuit. It is very dangerous to work on as it can hold a big charge of electricity even while unplugged. I would advise against working on it yourself. If you decide you want to try I can help you. You will need a Volt/Ohm meter.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Alan,

Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to get into the physical part of it and my technical ability is low on this matter. So I would not feel comfortable in proceeding into this matter. I guess I need to take a bit more time to figure out which route I will go with. "Try" to have fixed or invest in new.

Thank you for your time.

Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
OK, If you need further assistance please reply to this thread. Don't forget to hit accept.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.