Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Wont pump out. Cant get timer knob off to remove timer.

Customer Question
Won't pump out. Can't get...
Won't pump out. Can't get timer knob off to remove timer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2011
Appliance Technician: Mike, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.Please allow me some time to do research and type a response to each of your posts.

Can you give me the full 11 digit model number from the sticker under the lid please.
mod(NNN) NNN-NNNN
The model number will have 11 digits e.g 110.12345678 and will be on a sticker under the lid or around the door. The number you supplied is not the model number.

there is no sticker under lid. there is no 110.

Appliance Technician: Alan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Please remember, I do not get paid for my time and expertise until you accept.
The number you gave is the number of the wire diagram. Under the lid around the opening of the washer is the model number plate, usually at the back. But not on the lid itself. If you can get that I can help you.

Here is a link to show where they put model numbers on kenmores.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/modelCategoryLanding.pd?selectedCategory=mc_washer

Alan, Never saw a unit with no ser. & mod no. but here it is. This may help--on back of control penel is (PartNo.(NNN) NNN-NNNN stolle. On front of cont. panel is Kenmore series 80. That is it, Alan. No numbers at lid at all. Searched it all. Antoine

What is the cost going to be? Antoine

Here is a link to show where they put model numbers on Kenmore's.

Alan, Absolutely no numbers. Not even an indication of it having been removed. Please go with what you have and make an experienced answer and i will accept that. You have been extremely helpful with limited data. Your statement about the lid switch lead me to see the switch is popped open. That may well be the "no pump out" problem. You can take credit for that.

Now!!! I can't get the knob off the timer to take the timer out to put timer back together since i took it apart thinking the "no pump out" was in the timer. May still be.This should complete the job. Bill me. Am putting it back tegether. Alan, thanks for your patience. Antoine

Is there a number on the back of the timer?
Alan, I don't see an answer anywhere. Tell me where it is. I'm not very comp literate so I can't find it. Please advise, Antoine
I don't see the answer.
Try pushing the timer knob in and hold it then on the back side of the timer there may be a piece you can pull on to release the knob.
Alan, I got the timer knob off just as u said. Fixed lid switch back w a clip out of my scrap pile. Putting machine back together. Here's hoping. Will Submit and add $15.00 for you. Thanks, Antoine
Good, Glad it worked. All you have to do is click the Accept button.
Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Alan
Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician