John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

I have a 1963 Hotpoint Hallmark double oven/range. Model 107RH950-D.

I have a 1963 Hotpoint Hallmark double oven/range. Model 107RH950-D. I have tried different sites and no one can seem to reference the model number. One of the range top switches has shorted out, (which has the numbers SE5500-202, also INF 240-597) and both oven burn about 80 degrees hot. I was wondering if I should replace both oven controls, (thermostats - part number HOTPOINT 604600) as long as I am at it. But again, I can't get info on part numbers other than what I just gave you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

The model number you posted is correct. My parts sources indicate that the oven thermostat is no longer available from the manufacturer. They should have a calibration adjustment screw inside the knob shaft, which can be turned with a small screwdriver to get the temperature set point corrected. If you should need to be replaced, you have a good chance of matching them at a local appliance repair shop, as the design has'nt changed over the years. The part number for the infinite switch is 2603, and the price is $21.85. You can purchase it at www.repaircllinic.com.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.