Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool oven. The oven door locked and seems to…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool oven...
I have a Whirlpool oven. The oven door locked and seems to be no way to reset...
Tried unplugging, replugging, and then the inside started a buzzing noise, intermittently...
What do we do to open it - yes, there is food inside.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/11/2011
Appliance Technician: Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech replied 6 years ago
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hi ...My name is ***** ***** be helping you on your repair today....What is the model number please..?

Whirlpool Gold Accubake system - The oven door is locked, and we cannot get to the model number - unless it is in another place.

It is about 10years old - we are not the first owners.

Hope that helps.

This unit is installed in a cabinet..A wall oven..?
It is its own - yes, up against the wall, plug is behind in the wall. We pulled it out from the wall/counter.
Ok good..pull the bottom drawer out..The model number tag will be on the frame of the stove just behind the drawer front

Model number: GR450LXHB2

Serial number: IML4960897

Ok good model number..I'm sorry you are having a problem with this unit..You have a door latch failure..What you need to do i remove the back cover..Locate the door locking rod #13..Disconnect it at the back..Then open the door...There is a solenoid (See picture)which control the locking rod

graphic

graphic
Bob L Your  Appl Pal