Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I live on an acreage and receive my water from a well. Three

I live on an acreage...
I live on an acreage and receive my water from a well. Three days ago my water became dirty. It is cloudy with dirt sediment visable. I had a sediment filter installed. The water is still cloudy with sediment present. The filter was dirty this morning before I cleaned it. The plumbing company says that I need a new well drilled because the casing has collasped. This happened once before and it cleared up in a few days. But this time it hasn't cleared-so far. Please advise-what would you do if this was your well?
9/7/2011
william, Home Appliance Technician
I have well water and have very high iron content and i have a softner hook-up to it and it dose very well, i think all you need is a new point and a new screen put in, they will have to bring the pipe up for that. Does your water have a rotten egg smell?
my water is delicious with no smell whatsoever
Ok then i believe that your casing isnt collasped because if it was it would have a foul oder of rotten eggs and also smell of sulfer. Did you call a well specialist? A plumber isnt right for this job. I think alls you need is a new screen and as long as their down there put a new point on it. Or are you looking for something that you can do other than what i suggested? You do not need a new well !!! i think their looking for $$$$.
I have contacted a well specialist, but he has not gotten back to me yet. I have kept your information, name & number. If your spot on you will be compensated. I have used this service before, and have been quite satisfied.. thanks much.
Ok good luck.
One more question do you have low water pressure?
no the water pressure is fine. i just talked to the plumber and he said we have a submergable pump and putting a screen on you do no good.

There is one allready on it alls your doing is replacing it its at the very end of the pipe right above the point you have a screen.

Heres a picture its called a intake strainer.

Thats what i would do dont let them talk you into getting a new well when infact you dont need one, good luck.
william, Home Appliance Technician
I consulted 3 companies that drill wells in this area, and to put it nicely you do not know what you are talking about. I think you over stepped your expertise. And for the second time I have wasted money on this web sight.
william, Home Appliance Technician