Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The heater will not come on in the drier

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/7/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Is this a thermal switch you said you replaced ?

yes
Okay do you have a voltmeter? I am sending you a link that shows you how to test the heater assembly if you don't have a voltmeter you can get one at Lowe's or any hardware store a cheap one for around $15.00 click this blue link and it will take you to a video that will show you how to test it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/436460/1106011?modelNumber=WTMC6300US%2F01 if the heater is bad you can also order it right there, I hope this helps, Bryan
no i dont, but I can run out & get one.
okay. let me know when you have it. thanks Bryan
okay, I thought I had one for my plane, but I dont. I will be back with you in about 30 min. I know how to test it. Be back with ya!
Thanks,
Lance
no problem,
Looks like I have a bad coil. I just ordered it & will try things again tomorrow afternoon...
Okay great sounds like we got to the bottom of it, get back to me tomorrow when you know, thanks and good job, Bryan
okay, I will get back with you tomorrow...
Thanks
I have another question while the panels are off of the drier. The drier is not as quiet as it was. Is there oil or grease areas to quiet it down a bit?
No there are no grease fittings or oil reservoirs that need to be filled, how do you mean it's louder than that was ?
When it was new, you couldn't even hear it run. Now, it just sounds like something needs grease or oil. It's not real bad, but was just wondering if it had any "oil points" or grease zirk fittings. No big deal...
No there is none, it might be that the drum supports wheels are wearing, however this is a big job taken this thing apart, if it's not that I wouldn't worry about it. Did you say the heater did not have any continuity?
that's correct. I have ordered one & it will be here tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know once I test it. Should be around 4:00
Well if your heater did not have continuity then it's definitely bad, I'm sure this is gonna take care of your issue obviously the heater coil is broken inside, I will wait till tomorrow and you get back to me and let me know, hopefully things work out fine and I think it will .hopefully you will be happy and accept my answer, thanks and we'll talk tomorrow Bryan
Great! Thanks bud!

no problem

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
We have heat! Thanks for your help!!!

Lance
Thanks!
That's fantastic Lance, great job ! Have a great day, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician