Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

SIR; I HAVE A SEARS WASHING MACHINE (HE 5T STEAM) MY WIFE IS

Customer Question

SIR; I HAVE A SEARS WASHING MACHINE (HE 5T STEAM) MY WIFE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE "SUD" WARNING EVERYTIME SHE ATEMPTS TO WASH. THE "F35" SIGN FOLLOWS. THE SUD WARNING APPEARS EVEN IF NO DETERGENTS WAS USED. I DID NOT SEE AN F35 CODE IN THE WASHER MANUAL. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

is there any suds in the machine? do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

there are no suds visible

model #(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

model # XXXXX barolo

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay the first thing you need to do is to take the bottom panel off under the door part number 5 on this diagram, then you will see the drain pump assembly, you need to unscrew the drain trap from the pump, get some towels when you do this because they most likely will be water in this, turn it counterclockwise and pull the trap out and clean it, try the machine again after that, tell me if it works if not you may need a new water level control.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I REMOVED THE DRAIN ASSEMBLY

I RETURNED THE ASSEMBLY AND STARTED AN EXPRESS WASH.

SUDS CODE CAME UP BEFORE THE WATER INTERED THE TUB

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay see you have a lot of suds in this machine what I suggest at this point is to get some bottles of white vinegar poured in the machine with some hot water, then drain it out then do this repeatedly until you get no more suds, open any clothes in or any so in while you're doing this, vinegar helps break up the suds it gets rid of it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I SAID THE SUDS CODE CAME UP BEFORE THE WATER INTERED THE TUB.

I WAS NOT CLEAR IN THE BEGINING. NO SUDS HAVE BEEN SEEN AT ANY TIME BUT THE CODE APPEARS ALL THE TIME.

I NTHOUGHT IT MAY HAVE BEEN A SENSOR

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood, while the F 35 error is a suds error and suds means the tub has suds in it, so basically it's the same code when you had them come up, what you need to replace unfortunately if clean out the trap didn't work is your water level control, what happens is the side goes up the little tube to the water level control and clogs it up inside, it's also called the pressure switch,

this is located right under the top in the back right corner mounted to the side of the machine, you can try taking the top off there are screws along the back of the top panel take those out and slide the panel back and out from underneath the front control panel, pull the tube off and blow through it, it could be clogged just down below where it connects to the tub if you can clear the tube try it again, unplug the machine while doing this, let me know if that takes care of it if not you will need to replace the pressure switch, here is a link to order the part if you need it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Pressure-Switch/8181695/903701?modelNumber=110.47852701