Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

hi, I own a Whirlpool duet electric dryer, model # XXXXX…

Customer Question
hi, I own a Whirlpool...
hi, I own a Whirlpool duet electric dryer, model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX It has been working fine until today. It keeps flashing a F70 error code. What does this code mean and if it is a defective part am I am to replace it myself or do I need a technician.

Please respond
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2011
Appliance Technician: Robert, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician

Robert :

Hello

Robert :

Can you get behind the dryer?

Customer:

yes

Robert :

The F70 error is an airflow error on this dryer. Get behind the dryer and detach the vent hose and lay it to the side. Make sure it is pointing away from the dryer and that it is not kinked or smashed. Run 1 small load with the tub like this and see if the F70 code goes away.

Robert :

If it does dry without the code then you will need to clean the vent line out and make sure the hose to the wall is not bent, kinked or smashed when it is all together.

Robert :

Do not do more than 1 load like this though. All of the heat and moisture will build up in the laundry room and cause issue over time.

Customer:

i disconnected the vent hose, but the dryer still does not work. I also pushed the pause/cancel button which clears the F70 code for a few seconds but comes back on.

Robert :

Ok. Turn the power off to the dryer. Unplug it for 3 minutes. Plug it back in and try again. Let me know what happens. I will be right here.

Customer:

hi again. i did what you said, it seemed to work so i connected the vent hose again and then the f70 code came back on. so i unplugged the dryer again and am now waiting the 3 minutes. bear with me again. thanks

Robert :

No problem. This time leave the vent hose off.

Customer:

hi, ok, i just plugged the dryer back in without the vent hose attached. It is running but I would like to see if it goes off shortly or if it stays running. What are your thoughts?

Robert :

Keep watching it and let me know. If the code doesn't come back then you will need to clean out that vent line. The F70 code is an error to protect the unit from over heating.

Customer:

well it is still running after 14 minutes. I am assuming that it is ok, If It goes off I guess I will contact you again. Thank you for your help.

Robert
Robert, Home Appliance Technician