Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my Fridgaire Gallery side by side will not dispence ice

Customer Question
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/4/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

can you get us the full model # ?

ICE AND WATER AUTOMATIC DEFROST SIDE BY SIDE -R134a

R134a is the freon thats in the system not the model #. Open the refrigerator door and look on one of the side walls or the ceiling this should be a model number tag.

LGHC2342LF2
Okay great got it. What happens when you try to get ice ? Does the flap open? Do you hear any noise like a solenoid? Does the auger inside the freezer turn?
I HEAR A FLAPING SOUNG BUT THE AUGER DOES NOT TURN AND THERE IS ACTUALL LITTLE ICE IN THE BOX
So this is making ice correctly either is that right? You say the box which I'm assuming you mean the auger inside the freezer has very little ice in it?
YES BUT IT DOES NOT ROLL, I BELIEVE ITS MEANT TO ROLL OUT THE ICE AND ITS NOT DOING THAT AND I HAVE TRIED MY BEST TO ALLIGN IT
Okay I understand that, if the flap opens then you auger motor is the issue, this is in the back of the auger assembly behind the panel if you pull the auger out, you can order it at the following link or you said you can go to a warehouse nearby and order it, here is the part numberNNN-NN-NNNNif you can before you go to the warehouse remove the auger motor and bring it with you and have them test it, or if you have a voltmeter you can test for 120 V to the motor while it's still in the refrigerator by checking the leads on the motor with the light button pushed in and have somebody push for ice, if you get 120 V and it's not turning then the motor is bad, thanks, Bryan
ITS A BRAND NEW FRIDGE
If this is brand-new why you repairing it yourself or white you want to repair yourself? This is still under warranty, when did you get this refrigerator? This obviously a problem with the auger motor but if you go too far trying to get this to run like take things apart you will void the warranty, I realize it's labor day weekend and you can't get service but there's not a lot you can do if the auger is turning, did someone deliver this or did you pick it up yourself and install it?
IT WAS WORKING LIKE YESTERDAY, I THINK I HAVE NOT INSTALLED IT PROPERLY
It was dispensing ice yesterday ? Have you remove the auger since then? When you say you think you did not install it correctly what do you mean the auger assembly or the refrigerator itself? I'm getting a little confused here, you say this very little ice in the auger and you also say the auger won't turn
Yesterday i was rotating but there was no ice , but now today there is ice and its not rotating, and yes i removed the Auger but i think i have no done back well enogh for it to rotate, i just dont undertand the allignment process,i have never done this before so its quite new to me,if there are steps to follow or a video i could watch so i could know what to do as it barely 2 days old and i dont reside in the usa
Okay try this, remove the auger and push the light switch in for the freezer light and have somebody push for ice, does the auger motor turn with the auger out? It should
It did not rotate
Unfortunately that's not good, it's definitely an electronic issue, it's not something it fixed with a button, what I mean by that it's an electrical issue and like I mentioned before if you play with that they will void the warranty, for some reason the auger motor is either not getting the power or the auger motor itself is bad, you will need to call for warranty service, I wish there was a simple fix, I've gone into Frigidaire service tech sheets and this is so new they haven't got any information on this in there yet. Sometimes this takes 4 to 6 months for them to get the information in there , I don't like to give bad news but you will need to call for warranty service, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician