Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Replace Frigidaire Gallery filter with Puresource filter.

I have a Frigidaire PureSource Ultra water filter that needs to replace an old filter in a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. Filter package only tells me to consult refrigerator instructions which are lost. Refrigerator model #FGUS2642LFO.

Do I need to turn water off? What is the trick to remove old filter? How much water do I run through new filter?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com.

You will not need to turn the water off and you will want to run about 2 gallons of water through it to flush it out and remove all the air from the system. As far as installation, the manual is as below. Page 15 gives instructions on replacing the filter.

Owner's Manual