Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Kenmore series washing machine leaks during spin cycle.

My Kenmore series washing machine leaks during spin cycle. Not a lot--maybe 1-2 cups' worth is /piddled/ in the front left corner of the machine as you're standing in front of it & looking at it. I've removed the control panel & front cabinet cover--now what do I look for? Thanks,

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

Under the lid in the back after you lift it up there is a model number tag, it will probably start with 110, 106, 665 or some other three digit combination can you get that for me?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sure--it's
110.20712990
Thanks
Okay great, on the front of the motor right in the front of the machine in the middle you will see the drain pump, with the machine off feel up in the back of that and see if it's wet, without water in it you may not see it tripping but these pumps drip through the shaft the motor goes into, the other thing you look for is on the front of the pump itself towards the center see if it is possibly melted like something gets stuck in it and one around in a circle inside the pump, this happens a lot and what it does is it burns a small hole in the front of the pump, if you cannot find any water at the pump will need to fill the machine and put it in drain and then watch the pump, of course you will need to jump out the door switch in order for this to go into a drain and spin so you will need a piece of stripped wire to do that, do you have a piece of wire you could strip back about three quarters of an inch on each end?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I haven't run it in days, since I was looking for a chunk of time to take it apart & look at it. So, no, it's not wet right now. And nothing looks like it's melted, so that doesn't look like the issue. I don't have wire to stip back....I don't suppose there's another option to do that? If not, I can fun over to my folks' & get a piece. Anything else I'd need? Thanks so much
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

well it need to be full of water to locate the leak, its not something you will see with this empty unfortunately. do you want to go get a piece of wire and come back?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have to bail on it for now, but may come back and go that route. Now that I called my dad for wire, he's on his way. I don't see green button to pay. I'll look you up again if I need to go that route.
Thanks for your help,
okay just come back if you need me. thanks Bryan