Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My kitchen aid superba ice machine has not made ice in 3 days.

Customer Question
The ice tray is full...
My kitchen aid superba ice machine has not made ice in 3 days. The ice tray is full of ice, but will not drop. In the past it has occaisionally waited until the bin was empty before it made ice, but it always started within 24 hours. I can't find the instruction booklet, either. Help!
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/3/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today.

do you have a model # ?

KSCS25INBT00

Also, I just remembered that we had a power outage last week for 10 hours. I think, but am not really sure that it has made ice since then.

Open the freezer door you will see a blinking red light on the right side, across from that red light is a flap with a hole in it, do not cover the hole but push the flap in what does the light do?
it keeps blinking
Okay that's not good, it means the optics have blown, the red light you see is what senses when the ice is full, when it's full it stopped sending power to the ice maker, the problem is that should be on steady when you push the flap in so you're optics are bad, the part is called the emitter/ receiver. You will need to replace this you can order it at the following link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Level-Control-Board/4389102/921526?modelNumber=KSCS25INBT00 it's pretty simple to replace their are Phillips head screws holding each piece in and they just plug in, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician