Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE front load washer Model # XXXXX SERIAL

Customer Question
I have a GE front...
I have a GE front load washer Model # XXXXX SERIAL # XXXXX The problem I am having is that it blows smoke out of the vent at the back of the washer (top right corner) This occurs on the last spin and only with heavy loads
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
9/1/2011
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Smoke coming from inside the drum and out the back vent means that your main seal and bearing is starting to go bad. Unfortunately the bearing and seal is part of the rear outer tub, so the entire rear outer tub would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. The repair takes the better part of a day and the part is about $250 or so normally, but eventually the problem will be worse than just smoke, it will start leaking as time goes on.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc