Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Fisher & Pykel DCS Oven and Range set with a large

and small oven, model number...
I have a Fisher & Pykel DCS Oven and Range set with a large and small oven, model number RD484GG and serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN We have had the bake element replaced on the large side within the last year. NOW, both sides refuse to rise to cooking temperature. They both very slowly (over the course of an hour or so) rise to about 225 degrees and neither will preheat to adequate temp. The rangetop, grill and griddle are working fine. Please advise if it is a diy-type fix or will require technical help, because I cannot find a technician willing to come out and fix it - I live in area code 76092 between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas.
9/1/2011
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized service technician for fisher & paykel and dcs and i can help you if you will allow me to do so?

I am soory to hear of your heating troubles with this machine. It is one that i am very familiar with. I can show you how to diagnose the problems you are experiencing with this machine. It is quite easy will take no time at all to do.

For the best and most acurate diagnosis, you may need an ampmeter though. But don't worry, if you don't have one, we can run through the diagnosis process.

Is this a dual fuel model> gas cooktop and electric oven?
Does this machine have 4 burners up top on left then grill and grittle on the left?

if the machine doest heat properly, taking too long to come up to temperature, or doesn't even come up to temperature set, we can test the heating elements and make sure they are receiving full power from the oven relays and computer board.

and after we do these checks we will determine what is wrong with your machine. I can even refer you to a couple of websites were you can purchase the parts at wholesale prices. saving you a fortune.

And if you don't have the time to do the checks and walk through the diagnosis process, i can refer a technician to you if want.

i look forward to answering your question and helping you get your machine fixed correctly.

thank you.
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
hellp,

thank you for accepting my answer.

are you available to go over the diagnosis process now?

otherwise, we can schedule a day and time that works best for you and we can do it then
Yeah, Jon. I accepted your answer and gave you a positive rating with encouraging feedback. You sound like the expert for me. I have no problem providing a fat tip if we can get my oven fixed. :-)
when you are ready we ar egoing to check the big oven first. we ar egoing to focus on the bake element.
we will need to check for voltage when the oven is on. please becare full while doing this check.

i want to you to either turn power off to the machine by flipping the circuit for the range. ot if you can reach the power cord underneath the machine, unplug it from outlet. and confirm there is no power to the unit first.

then get back to me.
thank you
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician