Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

Hi! I have a Hampton Bay Miramar 60 Ceiling Fan with Romote

Hi!
I have a Hampton Bay 'Miramar' 60" Ceiling Fan with Romote Control hanging in my livingroom. When my son came over after my fan was put up he said that he would love to have that very fan in his livingroom as it would match his wood and look so good in that room. So...the next Christmas, he got one from us! Our family often gets together at my son's home. One of those times, after everyone left, my son couldn't find the romote control for his fan/lights. He hasn't been able to find it ever since then so he hasn't been able to use the fan or lights on it since the remote control disappeared. My little grandson who was nearly 1½ years old, was busy toddling around the house that day and we all know he loves remote controls! He is our prime suspect on who did what with the remote control! LOL I can't help but wonder if he maybe threw the remote in the garbage when no one noticed! Anyhow, I would dearly love to be able to get a replacement remote control just like the one that came with that fan. My son didn't seem to want a universal remote control to replace it with. He still hopes to find one like what he had. Can you help me find a replacement for it? I would really appreciate it if you could arrange that or tell me where I could order one. Home Depot (where I purchased it) couldn't help him. They don't have that fan anymore and didn't try to see if they could get a remote for it so I'm hoping you can help me!
Thanks so much!
Marjorie L Ryan

Repairman1981 :

Unfortunately since it's lost not broken you will have to buy it from hampton bay directly (they are home depot company and the customer service person from ther eshould be fired) but call 1(NNN) NNN-NNNNm-f 8-6 eastern time and provide them with your model and they can provide you with the correct remote

Repairman1981 :

No universal

Repairman1981 :

they will get you the factory correct one

Customer:

Oh, that's wonderful news! I really appreciate you help and your good results! My son will be so happy to get that same remote!

Customer:

Thank you so very much again! I deeply appreciate it!

Repairman1981 :

yep. They are a good company to deal with and being affiliated with home depot I would be a bit frustrated having to pay someone to help with something they should have told you in store

Repairman1981 :

Either way .... you can get what you want and be all set

Repairman1981 :

I have a house full of hampton bay and it's about all I use

Customer:

Good deal! That's great to hear! Evidently, that clerk just was too lazy to want to help!

Customer:

Yes, I love Hampton Bay too!

Repairman1981 :

Lemme know if you need anything else on this one. Please remember to leave feedback after clicking accept and have a great rest of your evening. Thanks!

Customer:

I've been so happy with my fans! I have another right over my head in my computer room right now...nice looking and very quiet!

Customer:

I sure will and I'll leave a good feedback for you, as well! Thanks again!

Repairman1981 :

Thanks I appreciate it.

Customer:

You have a good evening, as well!

Customer:

Bye!