The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

my samsung refrigerator rfg297aars suddenly stop making ice

Customer Question

my samsung refrigerator rfg297aars suddenly stop making ice I speak with a rep. from samsung which told me to press a test button at the side of the inside ice maker but it still not operating it seems like fan that blow the cool air into the ice maker is not operating.Is there anything you could tell me to try.the freezer is working fine. thank you Earl.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi, Earl. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

Is there any ice or water in the ice makers molds?

JACUSTOMER-9iypfxv0- :

yes at times when i remove the tray there is water pouring out most times in the mornings

The Home Smithy :

Ok if the freezer is cooling properly and the ice never freezes in the molds then the mold heater is stuck on. this causes the molds to stay warm all the time and the cubes will never solidify. Give me a minuet to see what parts are available for your particular ice maker.

The Home Smithy :

while I look this up for you have a look at this clip I just uploaded to youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrYAVqDsAg0

The Home Smithy :

I am sorry but I am not showing an automatic ice maker in your unit. The one you have must be an add on type. I will need the model number from the ice maker to look up the parts for you.

JACUSTOMER-9iypfxv0- :

this is taking me longer than I think could I follow up later

The Home Smithy :

Sure, no problem. I will be going off line here shortly I am always on line in the mornings from 5am till at least 10 am PST.

JACUSTOMER-9iypfxv0- :

thanks

The Home Smithy :

You are welcome. =)