Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirlpool washer model WTW57ESVW1, when you first turn it on

Whirlpool washer model WTW57ESVW1, when you first turn it on it fills with water and agitates, where before it just filled with water before agitating. Also, when the machine shuts off, there is some water in the clothes yet, so I turn the knob back to spin cycle and turn it on to get the water out, shutting the machine off manually before it puts some more water into the tub before shutting off. Is this a timer issue?

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

you have a bad water level pressure switch.

you need to replace it, you can order this at, switch , this is the switch you use to set the water level. its in the control panel.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is this the reason there is water in the tub at the end of the cycle also?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
the water level control if its not working correctly can cause water to come in during spin which could account for that. make sure your hose isn't kinked also though. slow drain will leave water in the bottom.