Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

WE HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE MODEL LTF 2940ESO FRONT LOAD WASHING MACHINE

Customer Question

WE HAVE A FRIGIDAIRE MODEL LTF 2940ESO FRONT LOAD WASHING MACHINE THAT WILL WASH BUT WILL NOT SPIN. i WAS TOLD THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL PANEL NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. tHIS WAS DONE , BUT THE MACHINE STILL WILL NOT SPIN AND THE CYCLE TIMES ARE NOT CORRECT. EXAMPLE THE RINSE/SPIN CYCLE IS 44 MINUTES , BUT SHOULD BE ONLY 17 MINUTES. CAN YOU HELP US ON THIS PROBLEM.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Put the washer in speed mode and let it run for a couple of minutes. Then turn it off and try to open the door right away. If the door opens right away, you have a bad door lock assembly. If it stays locked for a little bit, which it should do, you have a bad motor control board.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is tthe motor control board the same as the electronic control panel and why are the cycle times now incorrect once the electronic control pane was replaced.
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
The motor control is down by the motor. I do not know why the cycle times would change by putting in a control board unless it is the wrong board or it is defective.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The technician that looked at the machine ran a few diagnostic tests and then told my wife it was likely the electronic control board. You have told me that the motor control board is likely the problem , Could both these parts have failed at the same time or do you believe that the electroic control panel was not bad. The technician did tell my wife that the electronic control board may not be the only problem. Is there a way to test these parts.
Expert:  Alan replied 6 years ago.
It is possible they both failed at the same time, but unlikely. Did you try the door open test that I told you? If not there is a chance that it is the door lock assembly that is bad.