Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a Kenmore top-loading washer... model 2002 or

Customer Question
Hello, I have a Kenmore top-loading...
I have a Kenmore top-loading washer... model 2002 or 2110. I washed a dog bed a while ago and all the green fluff came out and the whole thing fell apart. That was my fault, I shouldn't have tried to wash it. The problem now is the washer won't balance, no matter how carefully I load the clothes. It stops on the spin cycle and the clothes are still wet or even water still in the basket. Because it started doing this only after the dog bed incident, I believe there are hunks of the stuffing inside the washer, either under the agitator or between the basket and walls of the tub. I have to do at least one or two additional drain/spin cycles for each wash and it is not only time consuming but a waste of energy. Is there a way for me to remove the agitator and the basket to check and possibly remove the trapped material?

Thank you for your time and help in advance, I think this is such a wonderful service you all provide!
Elise
Sykesville, MD
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2011
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX forward to helping you today. lets get started.

Okay, if you lift the lid and look in the back center they should be a tag with the full model number, it will start with a number like 110, 106, 665, or some other combination of three digits, if you can get me that I will get you the information you need and diagrams and possibly videos to help you, most likely you have some of the green stuff in the pump also clogging it up so it doesn't drain completely or correctly which will make this bang around when it starts to go into spin, I wait for your reply thanks, Bryan

Bryan,
Thank you for your response. Model #; 110 21102011, and serial # XXXXX in case: C11720126.

Thank you!
Elise
Okay I think I've got it, to remove the agitator you need to pull the fabric softener dispenser off the top of the agitator part number one on the diagram, when you get that off there will be a 7/16 inch bolt holding the agitator on remove that and then you can pull the agitator off and off, here's the diagram for that, you will also need to check your pump, it is part number one on this diagram, these machines are a little difficult to work on , I don't believe there's any videos for this one but I'm looking now, the best way to get at the parts you need to reach underneath is to remove the cabinet itself, I am going to give you a video on that yours has clips holding the control panel down so you need to watch the entire video to see how to get your cabinet off, give me a few minutes to send you the video, I need to look up, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, You rock! I will start with the agitator while waiting for you video. Thank you thank you thank you!
Elise
okay hers the video on the different type cabinets so watch it all the way through, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XIsK3W_Qcg let me know when you get a look at this, thanks Bryan will a
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician