Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

I have the GE combo freezer and ref. The freezer is on the

I have the GE combo freezer and ref. The freezer is on the bottom. Yhe model # XXXXX XXXXX The serial # XXXXX XXXXX My question concerns the ice machine. My ice constantly falls onto the floor of the freezer. I have looked for an arm on the ice machine to stop the flow of ice, but I can't find one. Is there one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 6 years ago.
On this unit there should be a wide plastic blade underneath the actual ice maker..It is spring loaded..WHen the ice bin fills up the blade held from springing out all the way by the ice building up in tray..This turns the ice maker off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the ice falls out of ice bin onto the floor of the freezer does that mean I need to get a repairman out here to replace something? My freezer floor is loaded with ice cubes. Is there something that a repairman should adjust or do I need to adjust/change something?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If it is spring loaded why does the ice continue to fall out of the bin onto the floor of the freezer?
That is why you have to check the activator..If it is broken it will not stop the flow of ice..
Notice the plastic activator..Once it extends all the way out..This means the ice maker is turned on..Once the bin fills to the top..The ice will prevent the actuator to extend which turns the ice maker off..Check the position of the blade..If it is push in then the ice maker is faulty..

graphic