APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience:  20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.
59801830

My new (purchased 6/17/11) kenmore top-loading washer stopped

Customer Question

My new (purchased 6/17/11) kenmore top-loading washer stopped in the cycle, I'm not sure where. When I went to check it the light was on for "spin." It would not go beyond this point. There were four towels in the washer that were not spun out, but there was not a pool of water in the machine. I tried to cancel by pressing the button and starting the cycle again. The light would go on for "wash" but the water did not start coming in.
I again "cancelled". I changed the cycle to "Spin/Drain". Again the "wash" light came on but nothing happened after that--no water, no beginning of cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  APPLIANCE GURU-John replied 6 years ago.

APPLIANCE GURU :

HI WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER.I WILL BE ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR QUESTION TODAY. UNPLUG THE MACHINE FOR 15 SECONDS AND THEN PLU BACK IN, THIS RESETS THE CIRCUIT BOARD, TRY THE PROGRAM AGAIN. IF THIS DOES NOT WORK THAN YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL FOR SERVICE BECAUSE THE BOARD MIGHT BE SHORTED FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

JACUSTOMER-8hjz813r- :

I already did this.

JACUSTOMER-8hjz813r- :

Do you have any new instructions?

APPLIANCE GURU :

NO THE MACHINE IS IN WARRANTY IF DO ANYTHING TO IT OTHER THAN WHAT I SUGGESTED THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED.