Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an Amana BX21VW bottom mount fridge and both compartments

Customer Question
have been too warm for...
I have an Amana BX21VW bottom mount fridge and both compartments have been too warm for a couple of weeks. I just took off the interior back of the freezer and the fins are nearly completely frosted up. Where should I begin? Thanks.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2011
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician

HI im John i will help you with the problem.

Open the freezer door and reach in to the back panel an you feel frost on that panel please.

Yes, the back panel was covered with frost. I already have that panel removed. The fins are covered with ice and frost.

Remove the bottom front kick plater you will see this timer on the right turn the small cog on the timer slowly till it kicks off then wait 15 min to see if the frost starts to melt if it does replace this defrost timer it should fix the problem.

http://www.partselect.com/PS2167006-Whirlpool-R0131577-Defrost-Timer-Kit.htm?SourceCode=5&ModelNum=bx21vw

John, Home Appliance Technician
Is this kick plate inside the freezer, or in the back of the unit?
Its at the front of the fridge at the very bottom and stretches across the front just pull that plate off you will see the defrost timer.
I defrosted everything with a hair dryer and the fridge was nice and cold for several days. I installed the new defrost timer 4 days ago and now the fridge is too warm again and the back panel in the freezer has frost on it. What now?
Thanks.

http://www.partselect.com/PS1997225-Whirlpool-10442411-Bimetal-Defrost-Thermostat-6-Leads.htm?SourceCode=5&ModelNum=bx21vw

The defrost timers in line with the defrost thermostat replace this thermostat I should have told you to replace both parts it common for them to both fail.

John, Home Appliance Technician