Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a lot of water pooling up in the bottom of my Electrolux

Customer Question

I have a lot of water pooling up in the bottom of my Electrolux Frigidaire Refrigerator, under the veggie bins. What is wrong with it and can we fix it ourselves?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

remove the inside back panel inside the freezer, pour hot water into the troft at the back under the coil and open the drain ,, once the water drains as it should then put back together and it will fix your problem ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There do not appear to be any screws on the back panel and the ice box seems to be in the way. Do we just "pry" the back off? If yes, the ice box and it's wires etc are in the way.
here is a breakdown of the freezer, it does have screws holding it in ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Last question, I believe. How do we know it is "draining as it should?" We have poured the water in and it just drains immediately inot the bottom of the frig.
you will also need to drop down the control panel in the fridge and blow out the drain from it to the back to open the drain down to the pan