Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a four year old Kenmore washer and wont drain or go

I have a four year old Kenmore washer and won't drain or go into the spin cycle in any position on the dial. Is this the controls the Pump or where should I look?

Thank you
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using our service. I will be helping with all my 30 years of training and knowledge to help you

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately, I'm not in the same location as the machine. It is a top loader but to get the model I'll have to drive over there tomorrow and pull it out to look.
after it fills and wash, when its ready to start to drain and spin does it just go dead?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes.
ok ,, being a top load washer, you have a bad lid switch, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number, replace it and it will fix your problem ,,Glad i could help you with your problem so please press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm willing to accept your answer but would like to confirm one thing and ask for a little more detail.

1) with the lid open the washer will fill and go into wash mode (agitation). Your answer suggests that this is normal but the drain and spin would affected by the bad switch.

2). I'm I can find the switch ans where the door depresses it but How to I get to it to change it does the whole top of the washer come off?
it will fill and wash with the lid up but the lid switch is a safety and if the switch is bad it will not go into drain or spin
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you I'll try it tomorrow.