Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

so i have a washer/dryer combo in my apartment, the people

so i have a washer/dryer combo in my apartment, the people on site do not know how to repair it.

problem is that it takes about 4-5 times to get the clothes dry because it heats up randomly. i never know whether its going to heat up the first time or the fifth time so the repairman just stopped coming to try and fix it.

as weird as this sounds, sometimes it heats up but the clothes dont get dry. the size of the load doesn't matter because the same results happen. whether it is 1 sheet or 10 sheets, it takes 4-5 times on high heat to dry the load.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

You did not tell me the complete model number, or if it is gas or electric??
Below are the answers to your problem.

First the ventline may be clogged or the outside vent swinging door hatch may be stuck closed.
Have them remove the vent line from the dryer. And then run the dryer. If the dryer gets hot enough to dry then you know the problem is in the ventline. If it is the same and not hot enough then you know it is a faulty component in the dryer. This is the first check we would make.
After this if the dryer has a bad component in the dryer they need to use an Ohm meter to test each component to find the bad one.

Heating element in an electric dryer, coils on the gas valve of a gas dryer.

Or these parts.
Thermostat
Thermal fuse
High limit thermostat
Sensor
Thermistor

The maintance guy will not be able to dignose it. They will need a hands on appliance tech on location

Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I did hear your response??

Below are the answers to your problem.

Or these parts.
Thermostat
Thermal fuse
High limit thermostat
Sensor
Thermistor