Our Miele washing machine rubber gasket retains water and doesnt…

Customer Question
Our Miele washing machine rubber...
Our Miele washing machine rubber gasket retains water and doesn't drain through the three existing holes, leaving more than several tablespoons of water after a cycle is completed. This is causing an algae like mold to grow on the gasket. The appliance repair technician says that that's the way it is and has no advice for us. This has never... Read full answer
Our Miele washing machine rubber gasket retains water and doesn't drain through the three existing holes, leaving more than several tablespoons of water after a cycle is completed. This is causing an algae like mold to grow on the gasket. The appliance repair technician says that that's the way it is and has no advice for us. This has never happened to us before, can you help?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/19/2011
Appliance Technician: APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner replied 7 years ago
APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner

APPLIANCE GURU :

HI WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER.I WILL BE ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR QUESTION TODAY. TAKE OFF THE MOLD BY USING A CLOROX AND WATER SOLUTION 1/2 AND 1/2. TRY STICKING SOMETHING LIKE MAYBE A METAL CLOTHES HANGER THROUGH THE DRAIN HOLES IN THE GASKET TO MAKE SURE ITS DRAINING PROPERLY.

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

We already did that. We would like a preventive action that keeps it from occuring again.

APPLIANCE GURU :

CHANGE THE DOOR GASKET.

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

It is not the door gasket, is the gasket inside the washing machine.

APPLIANCE GURU :

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE RUBBER PART AROUND THE DOOR?

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

yes

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

sorry, my internet connection falied and it looged me out

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK SO YOUR TALKING ABOUT THE RUBBER PART THAT IS ON THE DOOR ITSELF?

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

I'm sorry, not around the door, around the washing machine, where the door snaps in

APPLIANCE GURU :

OK THIS RUBBER COULD BE A LITTLE WARPED FROM THE HOTWATER. IF IT IS YOU SHOULD REPLACE IT. FIRST YOU TRY LIFTING THE FRONT LEGS A LITTLE SO THE WATER DRAINS BACK TO THE INSIDE. IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE UNLEVEL CAUSING THE WATER TO STAY AT THE DOOR.

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

The rubber looks perfectly fine. The water is not high enough that it would go back to the inside if I lift the legs. It is sitting way down there, but not draining or drying out.

APPLIANCE GURU :

WELL YOU SAID THERE WERE SOME DRAIN HOLES IN IT, SO IF YOU OPENED THE DRAIN HOLES UP I DONT SEE WHY IT WONT DRAIN.

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

There are, but on the bottom, but on the walls. The water sits below the drain holes, and it doesn't go anywhere. We made sure the drain holes are clear.

JACUSTOMER-ar6pgfwg- :

OK, I need to go on. I don't think the answers or suggestions posted were useful. Please don't charge my credit card. Thank you.

APPLIANCE GURU :

I DONT TAKE CARE OF THAT, IF YOU DONT ACCEPT THE ANSWER I JUST DONT GET PAID FOR MY TIME TRYING TO HELP YOU. I AGREE WITH THE TECHNICIAN THAT CAME OUT THERE.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a front loading washer. How do I remove mold from the
i have a front loading washer. How do I remove mold from the rubber liner? … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have the bosch Axxis stackable washer and dryer. for years
I have the bosch Axxis stackable washer and dryer. for years I have left the washer door open and wiped the inside of the rubber ring dry after each load to keep mold from growing. The water has now b… read more
Rusty S
Rusty S
Technician,
I sent a message but lost you. Washer. Mod wfw9050xw00, type
I sent a message but lost you. Washer. Mod wfw9050xw00, type A92A. The seal on the tube is yucky. Tried cleaner suggested the rim is discolored and I am afraid it is mold or something that is harming … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
My Neptune front load washer mo mah5500bww doesnt drain completely
My Neptune front load washer mo mah5500bww doesn't drain completely (no visible water, but rotate drum and we hear water sloshing) and smells like mildew, my husband has front and back off machine but… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
My Maytag Neptune Washer is putting some kind of slime on my
My Maytag Neptune Washer is putting some kind of slime on my clothes. it looks like some kind of brown algae. Any idea what is wrong with it? I was thinking that maybe the pump is going out and leavin… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have a 4 year old Frigidare Washing Machine Model #LTF2140ES0,
i have a 4 year old Frigidare Washing Machine Model #LTF2140ES0, it is a front loader washer. What is the typical useful life of the rubber door gasket? There appears to be mold and mildew growing ins… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My front loading series 3000 washing machine has a lot of mold
My front loading series 3000 washing machine has a lot of mold in it. The mold is on the rubber wide band around the drum of the machine and also under the band all around the drum. I wash in cold wat… read more
Appliance Man
Appliance Man
Appliance Tech,
My Maytag Neptune front loader washer has a chronic mold problem
My Maytag Neptune front loader washer has a chronic mold problem in the door baffle. It is very hard to clean and get rid of fuzz from clothing clogging the little holes on the side of the drum facing… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
HELLO. I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A NEW WASHING MACHINE. WE
HELLO. I AM LOOKING AT PURCHASING A NEW WASHING MACHINE. WE CURRENTLY HAVE A WHIRLPOOL WHICH HAS CAUSED US MANY PROBLEMS. WE ARE LOOKING AT EITHER MIELE OR ASKO - SPECIFICALLY THE W5741 MODEL (MIELE) … read more
Randy
Randy
I have a front load Maytag Neptune. I have mold on the rubber
I have a front load Maytag Neptune. I have mold on the rubber gasket. How can I get rid of it. I have tried a number of products. It is better but not completely gone.… read more
Neilwill
Neilwill
Appliance Manager,
Our Maytag Neptune, 6 years old, retains water, you can hear
Our Maytag Neptune, 6 years old, retains water, you can hear it if you turn the inner drum after a wash. Currently we have excessive amounts of black specks, even after using the de-moulding products … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a bosch washing machine, and I have loved it. However,
I have a bosch washing machine, and I have loved it. However, the gray rubber insert, which I believe is where the water drainage occurs, is beginning to badly mold. Can I just buy a replacement rubbe… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
My mother-in-law has a 3 year old Kenmore Super Capacity 3.5
My mother-in-law has a 3 year old Kenmore Super Capacity 3.5 front loading washer. The washer works perfectly but constantly has black mold growing on the rubber gasket/seal. We have tried bleach, Til… read more
restaurant equipment technician,
Hello, I need to replace the sealing ring on my Miele W 1926
Hello, I need to replace the sealing ring on my Miele W 1926 washing machine. I am unable to get the existing ring off.… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirlpool front loading wash machine. And even though
I have a Whirlpool front loading wash machine. And even though I clean it with the recommended Affresh tablets, I can never get the mold off of the rubber. I have even scrubbed it with a toothbrush, b… read more
MRANSWER
MRANSWER
TECHNICIAN,
How can I get rid of the mold & mildew frim the gasket in my
How can I get rid of the mold & mildew frim the gasket in my Miele Softtronic w1203. I always keep the door slightly open but someones= else must have closed it. the gasket is filled with black gunk a… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
How can I fix the terrible mold problem inside my Kenmore Elite
How can I fix the terrible mold problem inside my Kenmore Elite HE3 front-loader washer? Do I simply need to find and clean the lint trap/filter? What do you recommend?… read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
Maytag MLG2000AWW Neptune Super Stack Gas Washer Dryer Unit.
Maytag MLG2000AWW Neptune Super Stack Gas Washer Dryer Unit. Washer drum appears dry, but it has water in it, as evidenced by sloshing sound when I turn the drum by hand. There is mold evident on the … read more