The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Maytag Series 2000 LF washer has a code LF and wont finish

Customer Question

Maytag Series 2000 LF washer has a code LF and won't finish washing. What is wrong? We are renting a condo and I need clearn clothes with a washer I have never operated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

The LF error code indicates a long fill condition.
What you need to do is check the filter screens where the hoses connect to the unit. Remove the hoses at the back of the unit. The screens are hust inside of the connections. Make sure they are free from any debris.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

What if I can't get to them?

The Home Smithy :

This is the first thing you need to check. What is happening is the unit is not senceing enough water being let into it. If this happens the unit will display the error code and stop washing.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I had stopped it to add something and water rushed out. Should I restart it another way?

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

Could that be the problem?

The Home Smithy :

Try unplugging the washer for a few minuets. Plug it back in. When you opened it it may have confused the main control board. Unplugging it will reset the control board. If it gives the error code again you will have to check the filter screens for obstructions.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

Thank you, can you wait, or might that take to long.

The Home Smithy :

I'll be here.

The Home Smithy :

Your screen may indicate that I have stepped out of the chat. Please do not be alarmed. I will recieve a notice at the top of my screen when you have replied.
Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I can't get to the cord and don't know where the fuse box is. This is day one of vacation.

The Home Smithy :

Go outside and look for the power lines. The fuse box will be right under where they enter the house.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I am in a condo unit and can't to there from here.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I meant to say can't get there.

The Home Smithy :

OH! That does complicate things a bit. Somehow you are going to have to kill the power going to the unit. Is there a maintainence person there?

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I am trying to find that out. The contact person is on day one of her vacation as well. Imagine taht.

The Home Smithy :

Ah, yes. Mr Murphy strikes again. ;-)

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

AMEN

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

I thank you for trying. They have this stackable squeezed in to a hall closet and you can barely get the closet door open.

The Home Smithy :

I have a service call I have to go do here shortly. Do what you can to get the power turned off to the unit. I will check back as soon as I return from the call.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

Ok best option is to locate the breaker panel then.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

Condo people were here and couldn't find the breaker panel. we used the rinse spin cycle at the bottom to empty and spin dr.

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

spin dry is what I meant.

The Home Smithy :

Sorry I didnt get back to you yesterday. Didn't get home till late. Is the unit working now?

JACUSTOMER-rjobkc0s- :

no, not yet. We found the fuse box and turned the breaker off. That didn't help.